Research shows that 58% of every student entering a university degree in South Africa drops out before completion. One of the main factors contributing to this poor completion rate is inappropriate degree choice and career guidance. As one knows, choosing a study path that is in-line with one’s passion and purpose is a significant determining factor in a student’s chance of success at university as well as in their subsequent careers. What is becoming increasingly evident, is that choosing a career path that is not only financially viable but also ties in with the interests and skill sets of all individuals is possible. Therefore, it is important that students develop an adequate level of self-awareness as well as an awareness of the current career landscape, in order to make the best possible study choice.
A comprehensive career assessment instrument is a powerful tool that can help you make satisfying decisions about your career and education. Whether you are just starting out in your career, thinking about a change, or considering education options for career preparation, you can benefit from the wealth of information contained in a comprehensive career assessment.
Understanding your unique profile can help you identify a career focus and begin your career planning and exploration process. Keep in mind that this assessment measures interests, not skills or abilities, and that the results can help guide you toward rewarding careers, work activities, education programs, and leisure activities—all based on your interests and values. Should you wish to assess your skills and abilities, make sure to choose a comprehensive career assessment that includes aptitude testing.
Comprehensive Career Assessment: R3500, Includes the focused feedback session to discuss the results of the Birkman test.
What is The Birkman Method®?
The Birkman Method® is a powerful behavioural, social perception, and occupational interest assessment that goes much, much deeper than other standard personality or career assessments. With scientifically proven accuracy, the tool identifies multidimensional aspects of yourpersonality
- Behavioural styles (usual productive behaviours) & Strengths
- Underlying (mostly invisible) needs.
- possible stress behaviours (if needs are not met)
- Suitable occupations/careers. It doesn’t just suggest careers to explore; it actually matches a person to the workplace where people with similar personal characteristics are reporting success and personal satisfaction in those jobs. It also assesses what makes the individual “tick” and it helps to get to critical answers about how we learn, think, decide, communicate and relate to others. The Birkman highlights needs that are not easily observed by the individual or those around them. This information allows people to learn to understand and accept themselves and helps them to relate more optimally with self and others privately and professionally. Over 3 million people have taken the test in one of 20 languages. More than 8,000 companies, educational institutions and assessment centers worldwide use the Birkman Method®. How can The Birkman Method® results be applied?
Some ways The Birkman Method® can help you:
- Finding a career that fits your behavioural characteristics and interests.
- Identifying characteristics of the best (and the worst) workplace environments for you.
- Revealing your unique strengths and characteristics that can be used to promote you in job interviews.
- Gaining understanding of legitimate personal needs that are often misunderstood by yourself and others, and discovering practical ways to have those needs met in positive ways.
- Improving your understanding of how you can positively or might negatively communicate with others in the home/work environment.
- Helping you to develop a satisfying relationship with your partner (Birkman for Couples).
- Assisting you planning your retirement transition – how to navigate into the unscripted new phase of your life.
- Discovering ways to deal with self-sabotaging beliefs, getting unstuck and embark on a journey to “become the best version of yourself”
How do I take the test? If you would like to book an appointment with one of our career coaches then please contact Wade on 011 442 9101 / email@example.com.